Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Making Dogie with simple shapes



Comical Dogie

My daughter's school is very open about parents coming and teaching their kids crafts or read books to them or play with them. Coming month they have assigned me a day to do some craft activitie with kids (I am super excited about it). They told me to do something around dogs (and being a star). So I thought why not teach kids" How to make a Dogie out of basic shapes (and colors)". So here are my prototypes which my daughter and I made (she had a blast and so did I)..


Star Dogie

Dogs from simple shapes

Supplies Needed:
  • Foam Sheets
  • Googly eyes
  • Scissors
  • Glue
Process:
  • Cut out various shapes like squares, rectangles, triangles, ovals, circles etc
  • Make different arrangements to make them look like dogs. (Use the pictures above if you need a reference)
  • Glue the pieces together or on a stiff paper.
By doing this craft activity you can teach kids not only about various shapes and colors, but also open their minds to creating things from shapes. I am looking forward to making some similar dogs with my daughters friends. I hope they have as much fun as we did.


2 comments:

kavs said...

it is so amazing Divya...i m so gonna use it in Vihaan's School nd will let you know wat and how i did it :)

Divya Rohatgi said...

Thanks Kavita.. :)